的 role of the Response Emergency Assessment Crisis Team is to review behavioral incidents and ensure a systematic response to students, 工作人员, 教师 and visitors whose behavior may be disruptive or harmful to themselves or the ballbet体育 community and to assist in promoting the health, safety and welfare of students and other members of the ballbet体育 community.
Specifically, the charge for REACT is to:
- Assess situations involving a member of the ballbet体育 community who poses a potential risk of harm to self—or others—in the university community or is of substantial disruption to university activities in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct.
- Consult with administration, 教师, 工作人员 and students affected by the inappropriate behaviors of a disruptive individual.
- Coordinate the university response to a violent, threatening or significantly disruptive individual.
- Develop a specific strategy to manage the threatening or disruptive behavior with regard to the safety and rights of others and to minimize the disruption to the university community.
- Make recommendations to responsible university officials on appropriate actions consistent with university policy and procedure statements and with state and federal law.
It is the responsibility of the 工作人员, 教师, and students to immediately 报告反应 any situation that could result in harm to anyone at the university. 的 reports may come directly to the review team depending on the nature of the concern. However, when there is an active or immediate risk of violence to self or others, contact police at 911 或者，在校园里， 接触ballbet体育安全.
Report to REACT serious behaviors or concerns such as:
- Suicide concerns (threats, gestures or attempts)
- Egregious non-compliance and inflammatory disciplinary matters
- Fascination with weapons
- Interest in previous shooting situations
- Strange or aberrant behavior
- Mental health history related to dangerousness
- Unusual interest in police, military, terrorist activities and materials